Board of Retirement
The Board’s Role
The Board of Retirement’s primary role is to ensure SBCERA is appropriately governed and managed to fulfill its mission on behalf of its members, beneficiaries and participating employers.
Executive Management Team
Our Executive Management Team oversees the key areas of the organization including: Administration, Fiscal Services, Information Services, Investments, Legal Services, Member Services, Human Resources & Risk Management, and Communications & Stakeholder Relations.
With a clearly defined mission and set of shared values, SBCERA is driven to provide service and a focus on the following co-equal pillars:
- Operational Excellence and Efficiency
- Superior Service Experience
- Quality Employer and Workplace
- Prudent Fiscal Management
- Effective Communications
Each of those pillars has a set of Strategic Priorities, which are elaborated in the Triennial Strategic Plan linked below:
The SBCERA By-Laws outline key procedures and regulations of the Board of Retirement including several administrative matters relating to actions and decisions by the Board of Retirement.
Explore where your talents can take you next.
The San Bernardino County Employees’ Retirement Association (SBCERA) is a local employer of choice, offering enriching and fulfilling career opportunities with competitive wages and benefits. In order to provide the highest level of services to our members, we invest in our employees through training and other development programs. SBCERA welcomes employees with a diverse range of knowledge and skills in order to best serve our members.
Transparency and Reporting
SBCERA is committed to conducting business in an open, transparent, and impartial way. The following links provide information related to economic interests, travel, and education for Board members.
- SBCERA Positions that Manage Public Investments for the purposes of Section 87200 of the Government Code
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2019 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2018 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2017 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2016 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2015 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2014 Annual Report
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2013 Annual Report
- Form 801 Report - Q2 2019
- Form 801 Report - Q4 2019
- FY 2021-2022 Budget
- Form 801 Report - Q4 2020
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2020 Annual Report
- Form 801 Report - Q4 2021
- Form 801 Report - Q2 2022
- FY 2022-2023 Budget
- Trustees Education and Training Policy 2021 Annual Report
- Form 801 Report - Q4 2022
- Read more
RFP & RFQ Announcements
SBCERA may issue Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Qualifications (RFQs) for administrative, fiscal, technology, investment, legal services, or other projects.
Open RFPs and RFQs will be listed on this page.
Have you had a chance to review the answers to some of SBCERA’s frequently asked questions? Find those answers on our FAQ web page.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Closed weekends and holidays)
Phone: (909) 885-7980
Toll Free: (877) 722-3721
Fax: (909) 885-7446
348 W. Hospitality Lane
San Bernardino, CA 92408